Sending stuff to Jennie

Dearelder.com is FREE. Select "Philippines Iloilo Mission", and write your letter!

Anything else, (cards, packages, etc.) send to the mission home address.

Sister Jennie Adams
Philippines Iloilo Mission
Osmena St.
Arevalo
5000 Iloilo
Philippines

November 2010 - January 2011

Monday, September 13, 2010

It's raining, it's pouring....

but, don't worry, I don't usually hear old men snoring. ;)It's been a wet week. Every day (almost) it is SO hot in the morning. Then at about 2 or 3 in the afternoon (sometimes sooner) it POURS. I'm talking buckets. Anyway, it's kind of hard to find motivation to go out those days because it's not fun to do missionary work if you're soaked to the skin. But the rain usually only lasts a couple of hours, and then it's a nice cool temperature for the rest of the day.

Anyway, enough of the weather report...This week, we gave a baptismal date to a guy named John. He said he would prepare to be baptized on October 30, and I am pretty hopeful. He is in college and living away from home (but he's a lot like I was in college... and goes home like every weekend). So we just need to convince him to stay in Roxas for one weekend so he can experience church.... We're praying!

We had Mission Tour last week. On Wednesday, President Edwards came to Roxas. I got to meet a General Authority. He gave an awesome training about how to develop charity and humility (which wasn't even planned, he asked if we had any questions and 2 Elders asked about Charity and Humility). Then he talked about how to ask inspired questions... something that I definitely need to work on. Anyway, it was pretty cool to meet him and learn from him.

And today, I'm going to Iloilo for a leadership training. I get to travel with 4 elders. no sisters. (because it's for trainers and leaders only...) It's going to be interesting. But I'm SUPER excited for the training because it's all about the new curriculum. I'm ready to learn and come back and apply everything.

Well, I think that's about all for this week!

Love always,

Sister Jennie Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment