Sending stuff to Jennie

Dearelder.com is FREE. Select "Philippines Iloilo Mission", and write your letter!

Anything else, (cards, packages, etc.) send to the mission home address.

Sister Jennie Adams
Philippines Iloilo Mission
Osmena St.
Arevalo
5000 Iloilo
Philippines

November 2010 - January 2011

Monday, January 25, 2010

Camping and Camping

So before I left on my mission, I knew I would be camping while I was here. Here's something I didn't realize:

I'm here camping. The people here are also camping. But there's a difference here. I'm camping in an RV. They are camping in the woods with a tarp draped over a rope. I'm only here for 16 months. They live here their whole lives. I am so incredibly blessed. (note: they don't actually live under tarps and I don't live in an RV. It's just a comparison)

It's been a great week! We went to a place called Adela. It looks really beautiful on the outside, but I was kind of expecting same old same old on the inside. But when we went in we really wanted to find a way to live there... It was SO beautiful. Actually Sister Rellora wanted to go there, but we never had time. We found lots of people. It's like a little hidden community. And I'm excited to go back there because it's so beautiful and the people there seem receptive. More on that...

So... I don't have much else to say. I love you all! The Church is true!

Love Sister Jennie Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment