Sending stuff to Jennie

Dearelder.com is FREE. Select "Philippines Iloilo Mission", and write your letter!

Anything else, (cards, packages, etc.) send to the mission home address.

Sister Jennie Adams
Philippines Iloilo Mission
Osmena St.
Arevalo
5000 Iloilo
Philippines

November 2010 - January 2011

Monday, February 22, 2010

What happened to February?

Hello everyone! From Silay!

I got to stay for one more transfer! Yay!So on Wednesday, I got 2 packages. One from Mom, and one from Ann Moon. Ann Moon is a woman I met on an airplane on my way from Minneapolis to Salt Lake back in September. We were seat mates and I found out that she had served in the Peace Corps in the Philippines. It was pretty cool to talk to someone who had been to the country that I was getting ready to spend a year and a half in. Anyway, I gave her the link to my blog and (sorry Ann...) didn't really think about her until I got a package from her. Now, I would like to give a public thanks to Ann Moon! I am still enjoying the Vanilla Wafers and frosting :) My companion, Sister Fairweather, thanks you as well for the mini umbrella :)

So the only thing I can think of that stood out this week is that we finally got the papers for the Gallo Family to get married!! It's really exciting actually. They should be married on March 6. They are a great family! I hope I can come back here when they go to the Temple.Wow time is flying! I can't believe it's the last week of February, that I've been 21 for 5 months, or that tomorrow I will be a missionary for 5 months. It's all pretty crazy. And the work is going strong... and the weather is getting HOT....

I may have mentioned this already... The months of March, April, and May are the hottest time here. People have started hand watering their plants and talking about conserving water (the floods in Manila last November? caused dams to break...)

Anyway, I love you all! The church is true, stay strong!

Love, Sister Jennie Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment