Sending stuff to Jennie

Dearelder.com is FREE. Select "Philippines Iloilo Mission", and write your letter!

Anything else, (cards, packages, etc.) send to the mission home address.

Sister Jennie Adams
Philippines Iloilo Mission
Osmena St.
Arevalo
5000 Iloilo
Philippines

November 2010 - January 2011

Monday, December 20, 2010

Merry Christmas

Malipayon nga Paskua!!!

I want everyone to have a wonderful Christmas. I have realized in the last week as we’ve been sharing a Christmas message to members, that I haven’t ever REALLY contemplated the meaning of Christmas.

We celebrate the birth of our Savior. Who died for me. And you. And everyone we know. Because of that, he is overjoyed when we repent, and is saddened when we choose to not obey the commandments. Think about it; you have the power to make Deity feel complete joy. I still sort of marvel at this when I think about it, and I feel a little overwhelmed at how much I am loved as a daughter of God. No wonder we celebrate Christmas!!! Just don’t lose sight of why.

This week, we had a baptism! Stephen, the 12 year old got baptized. He’s adorable, and I’m excited to see him passing the Sacrament in January. :D

Tatay Jagodilla…(have I talked about him?) Well, he broke our hearts this week. We thought all was going well and he was going to be coming to church in no time, and be baptized sometime in February or March. But we went there last Thursday and he basically told us that he won’t be forced. I left in tears, and my heart was broken. I love his family and all I want is for them to be able to go the temple. It’s kind of weird, but that night I realized that I’m doing something right, because if I was a palagpat missionary, I wouldn’t have cared about him or his family. Anyway, prayers in his direction would probably help.

We went to this place called Cabatuan on Friday, and it turns out there ARE elect people in our area. They’re just 2 jeep rides and 30 minutes away from the center of the city. We gave a Book of Mormon to a woman who can’t see well enough to read, but promised to have her daughter read to her (without us suggesting it). We also gave a copy to a woman who practically begged for it after I told her about it. Anyway, we’re going back there this week, ready to see some miracles happen.

And last in the balita this week: Jackie, our next investigator with potential to be baptized, asked some pretty awesome questions. She suffers from depression, for which she takes medication, so sometimes we get some strangely deep (or just strange) questions from her. Last week she told us she didn’t want to be baptized, but then 2 days later she texted and said she did (no matter what her mom said… she’s 27). Anyway, this week, we got 3 texts in a row from her, which basically said: (1) Why do I feel like I’m going to get nailed to a cross? (2) Is it just psychological or a real threat of society? (3) I believe that your church is the true church of God. Let’s talk on Friday. K?

I assured her that her fears weren’t real, and that we could indeed talk. To which she replied, “You’re right, I have faith in your Jesus.”

SO we are STILL having a blast, despite the minor setbacks with some investigators. After all, there must needs be opposition in all things, right?

All my love,

Sister Adams

P.S. Her next question is “how was the world created?” We’re going to do some reading on that one to make sure we only share what we should…

OH! Thanks Ann Moon for the package!!! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment