Sending stuff to Jennie

Dearelder.com is FREE. Select "Philippines Iloilo Mission", and write your letter!

Anything else, (cards, packages, etc.) send to the mission home address.

Sister Jennie Adams
Philippines Iloilo Mission
Osmena St.
Arevalo
5000 Iloilo
Philippines

November 2010 - January 2011

Monday, December 6, 2010

December WHAT?

I can't believe it's December 6th. Who said it could be December? Oh well, time flies when you're having fun!

This week, Sister Purser and I had some cool experiences. Mostly just spiritual. We taught Tom Jagodilla who is a part member. His wife has been a member most of her life, and lots of missionaries have wanted to teach him, but he just wouldn't listen. But, the spirit guided me to say things to him that, if said without the spirit present, would be offensive. I don't remember what I said, but he listens now :) And I'm excited for him and his family.

We also met a neat girl named April. She is a spunky 21 year old who graduated in practical nursing. She said she'd listen, but then she said, "basi magbuot ako!" which means, "I'll probably become nice!" It was funny to me, but probably just because of her personality. She accepted a Book of Mormon and told her dad as we were leaving that she was going to become Mormon. Haha.

Then we talked to a slightly drunk man, who refused to tell us what religion he was. I finally found out that he belongs to a church that doesn't believe that Christ is the son of God. He seems cool, I hope if we ever go back there, we can talk with no alcohol. I absolutely detest alcohol. It's the way people celebrate here, and it's the way to a broken family. humph.

Stephen is doing great, on track for baptism this 18th, but the others that were supposed to be with him, aren't going to be able to be that day, or even this month... darn agency, it ruins everything.

We met a woman named Jo on a tricycle. She spoke pure English to me and told us that when we were done where we were going, we should go down the street to her house and talk to her. So we did. She demanded that we speak English (which I think was a relief for Sister Purser) and accepted a BOM and told us that she'll come to church next week because she had something to do this Sunday. She was pretty cool. I want to go back to her.

I LOVE my job because of all the diverse people I get to meet. And the ability to make their lives better. I love talking to people, and not necessarily all about the church. Mostly about THEM. And their lives. I know you're all jealous, but you shouldn't be. That's against the 10th commandment. ;)

That's this week!

Love,

Sister Adams

p.s. this week we're going to a HUGE house for lunch because we were invited to a birthday lunch of Kirt. I'm excited because they are way nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment