Sending stuff to Jennie

Dearelder.com is FREE. Select "Philippines Iloilo Mission", and write your letter!

Anything else, (cards, packages, etc.) send to the mission home address.

Sister Jennie Adams
Philippines Iloilo Mission
Osmena St.
Arevalo
5000 Iloilo
Philippines

November 2010 - January 2011

Monday, December 21, 2009

Merry Christmas

Dearest Loved Ones,

This week, I’m writing in a word document, so there won’t be any disappearing emails. :-)

Also, I’m going to answer some questions:

What do I eat? I eat food. I haven’t had fish yet, but I tried balut (it made me sick) and chicken intestine… I also eat a lot of rice. Mostly it’s just normal, but I miss cheese… real cheese. And milk for my Oreos (yep, there’s Oreos, but no fresh milk) and yes, the food here is much better for my body than the food in the MTC. ;-)

Are you sleeping well? I sleep pretty well. I’m so exhausted at night, it’s hard not to… also would you believe my feet get cold at night? Haha, it’s true! I wear socks to bed and I have a sheet so they can get warm, but I have been waking up in the night with cold feet… lol

Where do I email? At Internet cafés. They’re all over.

What is Ilanggo like? It’s closer to Cebuano than to Tagalog, but there are some same words. It’s one of my bigger challenges right now…

Did I freeze on my way to the airport in SLC? Not really… and I’m adjusting to the heat pretty well… it doesn’t bother me. Yay!

Marie: I didn’t make a straw scarf in 6th grade… but that was a while ago ;-)

Ok, this week there was a ward Christmas party for one of our wards. I sang at it. Here’s how the story goes: I was singing in our apartment, like my first week, and Sis. Rellora asked if I wanted to sing at the baptism (my first one) and I said yes. Then the people at the baptism said, “you will sing at our Christmas Party.” So I did. Yep, now I’m “the Singing Missionary” I don’t even think I’m that good (I know I’m not) but they really wanted me to, so I did…Also, I think I forgot to tell you, we had a baptism last weekend, Arden. Now his whole family are members!!! Yay! And this week we had 2 brothers be baptized. Rodel and Riscue. Their mom is a member and their dad will be baptized soon. That brings my total to 4, in case you lost track.

Oh, my watch broke a few weeks ago, so I bought a new one for only 100 pesos… that’s like 2 dollars. It looks a lot like my other one, but there’s no light. But it has a rubber band, so it’s better than my other one.

Well, that’s all for now folks!

Love you all!Mahal ko Kayo! (that’s not the same in Ilanggo, but I like it and I don’t know the Ilanggo equivalent)

Love Sister Jennie Adams (aka: Joe)

No comments:

Post a Comment