Sending stuff to Jennie

Dearelder.com is FREE. Select "Philippines Iloilo Mission", and write your letter!

Anything else, (cards, packages, etc.) send to the mission home address.

Sister Jennie Adams
Philippines Iloilo Mission
Osmena St.
Arevalo
5000 Iloilo
Philippines

November 2010 - January 2011

Monday, May 3, 2010

Zone Conference in Kalibo...

This week we had Zone Conference in Kalibo. We rented a van (and a driver... haha), and went on a road trip. We drove for 2 hours and slept in Kalibo. I still get carsick, so that was fun... Anyway, Conference was good, and different. I'm used to very big conferences with lots of missionaries... this one we maybe had 30 missionaries. It was pretty good and we got lots of good training. Nothing outstanding that I feel the need to report on though...

Transfer Announcements are next week, and I'll probably stay in Roxas. But we don't really know what's going to happen! Just wait and see, and in the mean time, we just keep working hard- Getting Raymart ready for baptism. We're pretty excited about that... and he is too :D

I am having a blast in the Seafood Capital of the Philippines! Those of you who know me, know that I don't like seafood. The other day, we ate at an investigator/part member's house and they fed us Bangus (also called Milkfish, the national fish) and shrimp. It was really good, I think bangros is my favorite fish. And a few weeks ago, I ate some pusit... or squid. I kinda felt like I was chewing a balloon... not really an experience I want to repeat. Haha, but that might not be an option... we'll see. They also have this stuff here called uga... dried fish. It smells... strong. They dry the fish, and then fry it... it gets REALLY strong when it hits the pan. I haven't eaten it yet, but I have a feeling the time is drawing near... :S

Also, please look at my picture from MY baptism and think "oxy clean" HAHAHA! An elder pointed this out to me (from my calendar)

One more thing...a few weeks ago, our cargo from Bacolod (containing proselytizing supplies and letters-dearelders included) was lost. I recently received a letter from Annie and Bill... but if you sent a dearelder at the beginning of April or end of March, I probably didn't get it...

That's all for this week, love you all lots!

Love, Sister Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment