Sending stuff to Jennie

Dearelder.com is FREE. Select "Philippines Iloilo Mission", and write your letter!

Anything else, (cards, packages, etc.) send to the mission home address.

Sister Jennie Adams
Philippines Iloilo Mission
Osmena St.
Arevalo
5000 Iloilo
Philippines

November 2010 - January 2011

Monday, August 30, 2010

Sister Custodia


My new companion is Sister Custodia from Laguna (Philippines). We have had an awesome few days! Full of traveling,and walking and being SO completely exhausted that we fall into bed at about 10 pm. :D Missionary life is GOOD!
We had Stake Conference yesterday, which was pretty awesome. The attendance for our ward was 108, which is about 30 more than the average. It's kinda sad, cause I think they mostly come to see friends from other wards... *sigh* they've got the action right, we just need to work on the reason. haha.
President and Sister Pagaduan were invited to be speakers at our Stake conference. I really enjoyed President's talk. He mentioned that now he knows what the missionaries mean when they say that the members in a certain area are "mabuot" (nice). Haha, he was like, "mabuot = pagkaon" (food). Then he said that the missionaries are needing to buy new pants... Haha, he is really funny. And Sister talked about being humble. It was really nice. There was also an area 70 there, Elder Costales. (I have NO idea if I spelled that right...)
Well, if I thought time flew before, I'm pretty sure it's going to FLY now. It's really weird to think that I've been in Roxas for 5 months now... Yeah. By the end of this transfer it will be 6 months. CRAZY. But I absolutely love it here, and I would stay here for 5 more transfers if I could... Anyway, Sister Custodia and I are working hard! We're hoping for a baptism on September 25, but it's not completely sure. The rest of our candidates are in October.
We're looking for the elect. In the mean time, I'll stay away from the mosquitoes and dogs!
Til next time,
Love
Sister Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment