Sending stuff to Jennie

Dearelder.com is FREE. Select "Philippines Iloilo Mission", and write your letter!

Anything else, (cards, packages, etc.) send to the mission home address.

Sister Jennie Adams
Philippines Iloilo Mission
Osmena St.
Arevalo
5000 Iloilo
Philippines

November 2010 - January 2011

Monday, August 2, 2010

Another Week

in the Life of Sister Adams.

I just want you all to know that I am doing amazing. I love this work (even though it's incredibly hard sometimes). I have come to love the members here... with all their quirks, haha. They are like my family now. We have a few member families that we are particularly close to, so I'm really having a great time. On top of that, I'm learning so much; about missionary work, about Jesus Christ, and about myself. I have amazing leaders who give awesome trainings for us to get better at being missionaries. I love it... all of it. Even the hard times (you know, the "there must needs be opposition in all things"). And I am SO grateful for the opportunity to serve the people of this City... to help them become a stronger ward, to help them (yep, even members) come closer to Christ. That is my purpose, and I do what I can to fulfill it.

This week, Sister Mindaluz (the Besa Mom) has gotten even more open with us. She talks to us more, and we are praying for her to accept the invitation to be baptized. She still doesn't feel completely comfortable with that idea, so I think I am praying harder than I've ever prayed for her. I want so badly for their family to be able to go to Cebu and be sealed for all eternity.

On Friday or Sunday (we haven't worked out the exact date yet because there are work schedule conflicts...) my bright spots for the last 3 months will be baptized. I am incredibly happy, but nervous. Satan is EVERYWHERE he is trying SO hard for the work of God to stop. Because of this, any prayers in behalf of the Besa family are more than welcome.

Thank you all who have written me. I love hearing about your lives... it's cool, but kind of weird to hear about life going on without me... haha. But keep it up :D

That's all for now, I can't believe it's August! Wow, time flies when you're having fun!

Love Always!

Sister Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment