Sending stuff to Jennie

Dearelder.com is FREE. Select "Philippines Iloilo Mission", and write your letter!

Anything else, (cards, packages, etc.) send to the mission home address.

Sister Jennie Adams
Philippines Iloilo Mission
Osmena St.
Arevalo
5000 Iloilo
Philippines

November 2010 - January 2011

Monday, October 18, 2010

another week

I apologize. I can't think of anything creative that happened this week. But, the father in law of our ward mission leader just passed away, so basically everything that he (our ward mission leader) does has come to a point of not functioning at all. The best part, the burial isn't till this Saturday, so we get another week of a non-functioning ward mission leader. But hopefully we get him back next week, keep your fingers crossed.

How is Elder Ward (I guess it's just Matthew now...) doing? Pass on my hello!

I'm kind of feeling like my time here in Roxas is coming to a close. Transfer day is still pretty far away (November 19) but I feel like I've done what I came to Roxas to do, and it's about time for me to move on. I have grown to love it here- and actually this is my longest area. It's impossible for me to be this long in an area again.

I know that the Lord watches over His missionaries. Something that Sister Stadler said (in a letter) kind of hit me today, because I've kind of been struggling with the fact that laziness and idleness are an epidemic here. She said that we will never be given trials that we can't handle. We will be stretched to our very limits, but because He doesn't set his children (missionaries included) up for failure, there is no way I can fail. I just have to trust Him. I know that this IS the Lord's work, not mine, and not President Pagaduan's. I also believe that there are elect people out there (even here in Roxas) We just need the faith to find them. I love being a missionary, and I love all the support I receive from everyone. Until next week!

Love,

Sister Jennie Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment