Sending stuff to Jennie

Dearelder.com is FREE. Select "Philippines Iloilo Mission", and write your letter!

Anything else, (cards, packages, etc.) send to the mission home address.

Sister Jennie Adams
Philippines Iloilo Mission
Osmena St.
Arevalo
5000 Iloilo
Philippines

November 2010 - January 2011

Monday, October 4, 2010

Transfer Announcements

I GET TO STAY IN ROXAS!!! WITH MY BATA (child, or trainee)!!! I am so excited that I get six more weeks in this place that I have come to love! I am also excited that I get to watch my second (and last) General Conference in the Philippines in Roxas. Well, I would be excited no matter where I got to watch.

But I am extra excited I get to stay here.We had a really good Zone Meeting earlier, where I got some good ideas about how to better teach people. I'm excited to start trying them. I've been struggling lately just getting in the door because people are soooo "busy." But now I am going to try focusing it all on them, so they feel like we are interested in them as people. *sigh* maybe by next March, I'll figure out how to do this missionary thing... it's hard, but I love the rewarding things that happen. Like the member who came to church for the 2nd time in a row yesterday! I've been visiting ever since I got here, but just now did he come (last week).

I don't really have any news this week... just business as usual... just a little wetter, because it rains almost every day...

I am so grateful to belong to God's Kingdom here on earth. I love being part of such a great work, "a marvelous work." I know that THIS church is true. I know that Joseph Smith is the prophet of the Restoration, and since him, we've had a living prophet on the earth. I love the opportunity I have to teach the people here how to be together forever. And I am so grateful for the opportunity to be with MY family forever. I know that the Book of Mormon IS the word of God, and in it is the fullness of the everlasting gospel.

Thank you all for your continuing prayers and support.

Love, Sister Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment