Sending stuff to Jennie

Dearelder.com is FREE. Select "Philippines Iloilo Mission", and write your letter!

Anything else, (cards, packages, etc.) send to the mission home address.

Sister Jennie Adams
Philippines Iloilo Mission
Osmena St.
Arevalo
5000 Iloilo
Philippines

November 2010 - January 2011

Monday, February 28, 2011

Zone Conference

was absolutely amazing.

I took tons of notes and I resolved that I don't have enough time left to do everything that I need to do. Truly a spiritual feast. AND I got to sing. Sister Salway and I sang "Sa Tanan nga Tion" which, literally translated, is "At/in all times" but it's a hymn you all know... haha "I Need Thee Every Hour." We ended up being the only ones who sang... oh well.

The baptism was great! Bijie told us that she wanted to jump, and she had a smile plastered on her face all day. I am so blessed to get to see someone who is so filled with joy about the gospel.We met a guy named Steve. He's 19 years old, and got kicked out of his boarding house (I'm not sure why... doesn't really matter), so he's living with a member who, naturally, introduced him to the church. We taught the first lesson, then the next time, we gave him a Book of Mormon which he said he'd read. Then we went back to follow up, and he had read. Then we watched the Restoration video, and he's just a cool investigator. He didn't come to church though, because right before we showed up on Saturday, he just finished doing laundry... and it was a cold night, so he literally had no clothes to wear. I hope he comes next week though.

Speaking of cold... I'm not joking. I sleep with socks and a blanket and a sheet, and I wake up with a cold nose. Granted, I COULD turn off the fan, but the air is just too thick for it to not be moving... I'm not gonna lie, it's been pretty neat to actually say, "I'm cold," and being 100% honest. Yesterday my feet didn't get warm until I left the apartment and stood with them in the sun for a few minutes. Beautiful, just beautiful.

I think that's all for this week!

Love, Sister Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment