Sending stuff to Jennie

Dearelder.com is FREE. Select "Philippines Iloilo Mission", and write your letter!

Anything else, (cards, packages, etc.) send to the mission home address.

Sister Jennie Adams
Philippines Iloilo Mission
Osmena St.
Arevalo
5000 Iloilo
Philippines

November 2010 - January 2011

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Love and LEAVING

I just want everyone to know that I LOVE my mom. A lot... there are actually no words that can describe how much. And she definitely loves me. I hope that some day I can have this same relationship of love with a child, because it's amazing.

Thanks for the package Mom!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!

We leave tomorrow!!! Our whole district is so excited! But the stress of packing and stuff is starting to descend upon us... I just hope that my bags aren't overweight. I can't believe that by Thursday night, I'm going to be in the Philippines!

This last week has been longer than any other week in the MTC, besides the first week here. But it has been good. Sister Woodward and I taught our last Teaching Appointment on Thursday, and the volunteer said our Tagalog was pretty good. And another missionary, a Filipino, said it was pretty good too... This gives me hope, that I may be able to actually communicate with the people over there. Communicate in a way that brings them closer to Christ.

I know that this Church is true. With all my heart. I am so thankful for the restored Gospel, that we have it here on the earth today. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer, that he suffered not only for my sins, but for my pains- emotional and physical, sicknesses, sadness... everything. He made the ultimate sacrifice so that we could have the chance to live with our families in the presence of God again. And I am excited to be the messenger for Christ, to tell the people in the Philippines about this wonderful news! It's going to be hard, but I know I'll look back and know that I'm a better person because of it. I know that because I can already see that I am a very different person than I was 2 months ago when I was dropped off on the curb at the MTC. My testimony has grown and I expect it to continue to do so. I encourage everyone, everywhere, to become a missionary... and I don't mean a girl or a guy dressed up with a black name tag. I mean EVERYONE share this gospel with EVERYONE. You don't get to decide who gets to return to Heavenly Father... God wants everyone of his children to have the opportunity to learn about his restored church. He loves us all the same- even those who don't believe in Him. I love you all so much, know that you are in my prayers.

Love,

Sister Jennie Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment