Sending stuff to Jennie

Dearelder.com is FREE. Select "Philippines Iloilo Mission", and write your letter!

Anything else, (cards, packages, etc.) send to the mission home address.

Sister Jennie Adams
Philippines Iloilo Mission
Osmena St.
Arevalo
5000 Iloilo
Philippines

November 2010 - January 2011

Monday, November 22, 2010

Jaro

On Friday, I've been in the Philippines for a year. Just so you know. HAPPY THANKSGIVING! (yes, we're going to have a feast, I'll tell you about it next week)

Transfer day was awesome. Sister Carr and I switched places. So I am now following up Sister Purser. It is now her 3rd transfer. And she's adorable. She wears Jody's and crocs and... we're just going to have a blast. We actually both have the same Jody and toothbrush, so we took a picture because I thought it was so funny. Hilarious actually.

I've spent the last 3 days trying to figure out Jaro (J sounds like H). (Note from Naunie, Jaro is approximately 4 miles north of Iloilo City.) We are assigned to ward 2 and yesterday I had a blast because the members are so nice. Also, we have some pretty cool investigators. At least 2 are goaling to be baptized on December 18. One is a really smart 12 year old, named Stephen, (he's just like Raymart, but he has support from a family member). The other is a woman who is in her 30's (I think). Her name is Beth. And everyone we talk to is really nice. I can't explain how excited I am to be here, close to President. I'm hoping that if I transfer again, it isn't far because I don't know if I can take the travel again. I would just like this to be my last area... hmm, 3 transfers. It's possible. The 3 hour bus ride from Roxas to Iloilo is pretty much killer (all I want by the time we get here is to NOT be moving). It was kind of weird being the only Sister on the trip from Roxas, but I did it in September when we had a leadership training, so it wasn't the first time. It must be weird to be an RM and all of a sudden find yourself alone with someone of the opposite gender... hmmm, guess I'll find out...

Um,
CONGRATULATIONS ANNIE... uh, SISTER LOVE That's the mission I thought I was supposed to go to. Haha, one thing I've learned is that it's a darn good thing that we're not in charge of our lives. Love you tons Girl! See you in 2012!

Love always,
Sister Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment