Sending stuff to Jennie

Dearelder.com is FREE. Select "Philippines Iloilo Mission", and write your letter!

Anything else, (cards, packages, etc.) send to the mission home address.

Sister Jennie Adams
Philippines Iloilo Mission
Osmena St.
Arevalo
5000 Iloilo
Philippines

November 2010 - January 2011

Monday, November 15, 2010

Transfer Announcements

Well everyone, the time has finally come for the Roxas Rena (Queen) to step down from her throne, but she still gets to hold the title. I have been assigned here for 33 weeks... that's roughly 7 and a half months. I've had 3 companions while I've been in the wonderful city of Roxas. But now, it's time to pass on this set of members, leaders, investigators, and concerns to the next missionary. It's time for me to try my hand at another ward (or branch, or area?). When I came here, I never thought I'd be here for 5 and a half transfers. Never. But it's been great! I absolutely love it here and when (yes, when) I get a chance to come back to the Philippines, I'm definitely spending a considerable amount of time here in Roxas.

This week is going to be crazy with all the goodbyes and packing and such. I go to Iloilo on Thursday night and the transfer meeting is on Friday morning. The other 3 sisters in Roxas are staying... meaning I get to ride Solo to Iloilo. Yay! :S

This last week was ok. We taught Ernesto (only once) and he accepted a Book of Mormon. He accepted the message too. He is a surprisingly quick man (well, his mind is quick) for being 68 and having suffered a stroke. It was refreshing to teach someone who really cared about what we were saying. Please pray for his acceptance of the Restored Gospel.

I love being a missionary! And I can't wait to see what the next 6 weeks bring! Thank you all for your prayers and support!

Love Always,
Sister Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment