Sending stuff to Jennie

Dearelder.com is FREE. Select "Philippines Iloilo Mission", and write your letter!

Anything else, (cards, packages, etc.) send to the mission home address.

Sister Jennie Adams
Philippines Iloilo Mission
Osmena St.
Arevalo
5000 Iloilo
Philippines

November 2010 - January 2011

Monday, November 8, 2010

Zone Con and Principals



This is last week's picture - with Sister Adams dressed up as Sister Custodia, and Sister Custodia dressed up as Sister Adams;-)



Hi Everyone!

This week, we had Zone Conference! Combined with Kalibo! Let me tell you what that means...


I got to see Sister Woodward! It was pretty awesome.And I learned a ton. I hope it helps with the work.

We met a man named Ernesto. He used to be a principal at a (several?) school(s). He spoke straight English to us, even though we were answering in Ilanggo. We told him that we were members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He said he hadn't ever heard of that organization before, and even went as far as to say that it wasn't a religion. Haha, but after about 5 minutes of talking, I asked him if he knew "Mormons." THEN he knew who we were. And proceeded to say, "Eh, suppose... I wanted to know more about your religion... Could you, eh, schedule me in some day, and come and have a session with me?" Haha, it was awesome. His house is gargantuan, which, secretly, it's my dream to teach someone that lives in one of those mysterious, large houses. Even though you know they're part of the dominant religion in this country. That's all I've wanted here, I want to teach the humble who are not compelled to be that way. Anyway, I'm scared out of my mind, we can't mess this up. The Spirit is absolutely necessary. Our appointment is tomorrow, between 3 and 4, and he hopes "that we won't be absent." True to teacher form. Haha. :) So, any prayers in that direction would be deeply appreciated.

I'm having a great time with Sister Custodia! We laugh everyday about our forgetfulness and inside jokes. I love laughing. A mission without laughing would be a dreary one indeed.

Love you all, Keep smiling!

Sister Jennie Adams

Dear Annie Love,
ahem, dear, if I don't hear from you personally SOON, I just might have to come home right now and speak to you face to face.I love you to the Philippines and back!
Love,Sister Adams

1 comment:

  1. about that last part of the letter... you may tell Jennie in the next email that she will be getting a letter soon. I'm just waiting for my call which could come this week, then I will write!

    ReplyDelete