Sending stuff to Jennie

Dearelder.com is FREE. Select "Philippines Iloilo Mission", and write your letter!

Anything else, (cards, packages, etc.) send to the mission home address.

Sister Jennie Adams
Philippines Iloilo Mission
Osmena St.
Arevalo
5000 Iloilo
Philippines

November 2010 - January 2011

Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year,


New companion. Sister Declaro. She is from Antipolo, and she's actually the MTC companion of Sister Custodia. Here, we call that "batch." Haha, like they're a batch of cookies... anyway, it's interesting Sister Purser is also "batch" with the two of them... which means my last three companions are all the same age in the mission... it's kinda funny. My goal is to get a picture with the three of them.


Yesterday at church, a couple of members thought that Sister Declaro was an investigator... HAHA! I guess they're just WAY too used to two American missionaries, and they didn't see her name tag. It was pretty funny.It was hard to say goodbye to Sister Purser. I miss her. But I know God has plans for me and for her, and I guess all that we have to do is trust that His plan is a good one. ;)


We're trying to find those elect children of God. It's rough going because you don't always know that they're elect right when you meet them... Also, when we find awesome people, they end up being in the other area. (because the boundary between ward one and ward two is a railway that doesn't exist anymore)... anyway, we're just getting back into the groove of things because it seems like the world stopped for the Holidays. No one was here, and if they were, they weren't available. I'm glad school started again so that we can have a good schedule again.


I am trying really hard to remember a good spiritual experience this week... and I've got nothing. Sorry, I really want this letter to be edifying to you all, but I...OH! I just remembered something I studied... In Matthew 13 there are parables, and I've been reading in Jesus the Christ from time to time. I read the chapter that talks about the parables. Two specific ones stuck out when I read them. The parable of the Pearl of Great Price, and the parable of the hidden treasure in the field. Talmage points out that in both cases, the one who found something of great value was willing to sacrifice all that he had to obtain that which was of great value. Jesus likens the Pearl and the Treasure to the Kingdom of Heaven. SO, when we find the pearl, or the treasure in the field, we should also be willing to give up everything we have to secure the thing which we want for ourselves. In the book it's way more eloquently put, but it really impacted me, and I realized that there are probably things in my life that I haven't given up yet, but I need to in order to secure the blessings of the Kingdom of Heaven.
I hope that someone was inspired by this... I sure was :D


Until next week,


Love always,


Sister Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment